HBF RUN TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- In these Terms and Conditions:
- “You” means the person named in the online entry system for the 2023 HBF Run for a Reason Event (Event) as an event participant. Where You are under 18 years of age, where relevant, You also refers to the parent or guardian who clicked the “I have read, understand and agree to the 2023 HBF Run for a Reason Terms & Conditions for Participants on behalf of my child” button; and
- “HBF” means HBF Health Limited (ACN 126 884 786).
- By clicking the “I have read, understand and agree to the 2023 HBF Run for a Reason Terms & Conditions for Participants” button, You warrant and represent to HBF that:
- You satisfy the eligibility to participate requirements provided in paragraph 3;
- You have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions; and
- You acknowledge and agree that if You are accepted to participate in the Event, You must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Eligibility to participate:
- If You are under 18 years of age on the date of the Event, a parent or guardian must accept the Terms and Conditions on behalf of the minor participant by clicking the “I have read, understand and agree to the 2023 HBF Run for a Reason Terms & Conditions for Participants on behalf of my child” button. Where the button is not clicked, You warrant that You are 18 years of age or older on the day of the Event.
- You must be 16 years of age or older on the day of the Event to participate in the 21km distance.
- You accept that the entry fee is non-refundable and not transferable and entitles participation in the Event for the person whose name and address are on the Event online entry system.
- To the extent permitted by law, You release HBF, and each of its representatives, officers, agents, affiliates, employees, members, promoters and any other person, entity or body directly or indirectly associated with the Event (the Indemnified Persons) from all or any liability, claims, demands, proceedings, action, suit, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising including but not limited to negligence (Claims) that You have or may have had but for this release, arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Event, and You indemnify the Indemnified Persons and will keep the Indemnified Persons indemnified in respect of any Claims by any person including another participant in the Event arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Event. This release and indemnity continues indefinitely and binds each of your heirs, successors, executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns.
- You are participating in the Event at your own risk and:
- You acknowledge that participating in the Event may involve a real risk of physical or mental injury (including aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury) or death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, heart attack, dehydration, or accidents; and
- You are responsible for ensuring that You are adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally to compete safely in the distance You have chosen to compete in at the Event. If You have any health issues or doubts prior to the Event, You should immediately seek appropriate medical advice.
- You consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Event organisers or their authorised representatives consider appropriate during or after the Event.
- You acknowledge and accept that at all times while participating in the Event, You must wear the Event bib (containing your participant number) which HBF issues to You prior to the Event, and that a failure to do so, may result in the Event organiser directing You to cease your participation in the Event.
- You are responsible for ensuring that You are wearing the correct participant number whilst competing in the Event, and that You are otherwise wearing footwear and clothing which is appropriate for the Event.
- I hereby declare that if, as at Saturday 21 May 2023, I have experienced any of the below in the preceding 14 days I will contact the event organisers to discuss my involvement in the event:
- Have/had a fever
- Have/had a symptom, even a minor symptom, of respiratory illness, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose or nasal congestion
- Returned from overseas
- Been a cruise ship passenger or crew who travelled
- Been in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19
- Waiting for the result of a COVID-19 test
- Tested positive for COVID-19.
If I am experiencing any of the above medical signs of possible Covid-19 infection on the race day, I will voluntarily withdraw from and not attend the Event. I further acknowledge that event organisers may respond to any above disclosure by me in any way they reasonably deem fit, including barring me from competing in or attending the Event.
- You are responsible for any travel and medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of medical or surgical expenses incurred by You as a result of your participation in the Event.
- You acknowledge that You have sole responsibility for your personal possessions and athletic equipment prior to, during and after the Event and related activities.
- You acknowledge that the maximum number of participants has been limited to 37,000. Entry forms will be accepted up to the entry limit in the order of date received. Entries will be rejected after the closing date or earlier should the entry limit be reached before that date.
- Eligibility for pricing based on a participant’s age is determined by reference to age on the Event date. Persons under 16 years of age on the Event date are eligible for Child prices.
- All HBF Members are eligible for a 20% discount on the Event registration fee. The discount applies to Early Bird pricing and normal pricing. The discount applies only to the Event registration fee, and does not apply to Hospitality Packages or any other add-ons available for purchase by participants either during or after registration. HBF Members cannot register on behalf of friends, family, or team members in order to apply the discount to them.
- Unless extended or varied by HBF in writing:
- Early bird pricing (subject to meeting eligibility criteria) is available during the period from 8am (Perth Time) on 6 February 2023 – 11.59pm on 5 March 2023;
- Normal pricing applies from 12:00 midnight (Perth Time) on 6 March 2023.
- You give permission, for no fee or remuneration, for the use of your name, statements, voice or picture in any form of media in any context relating to the Event or otherwise during or after the Event.
- If your application to participate in the Event is accepted, You will be permitted to participate in the Event on the condition that You comply with the Terms and Conditions and any reasonable direction issued by the Event organisers or their representatives.
- You accept that HBF reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time up to and including the date of the Event. Variations will be posted on the Event website, and You accept it is your responsibility to check for any updates.
- You accept that HBF reserves the right to cancel or vary the Event and refuse a participant’s attendance at and/or participation in the Event for any reason.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, unless expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, all implied terms, conditions, warranties and any other additional obligations are excluded from these Terms and Conditions. If any legislation implies into these Terms and Conditions any term, condition, warranty or additional obligation that cannot be lawfully excluded, then that term, condition, warranty or additional obligation will be included in these Terms and Conditions only to the extent required by the relevant legislation, but each party’s liability in respect of any breach of that term, condition, warranty or additional obligation will be limited to the maximum extent (if any) permitted by that legislation.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.
- If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable. If it is not possible to read down a provision (in whole or in part), that provision (or that part of that provision) is severed from these Terms and Conditions without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms and Conditions.
HBF, Register Now Pty Ltd (ACN 120 251 489) (Register Now), The Event Team (WA) Pty Ltd (ACN 628 165 435) (The Event Team), Grassrootz Company Pty Ltd (ACN 610 840 376) and Marathon Photos a wholly owned subsidiary of Global-pix.com Ltd (NZCN 136696) respect and value the privacy of all information collected about Event participants.
All information collected about You is for the administration and conduct of the Event. If you opt in to receive marketing, your details will be used for marketing purposes as detailed below. Your personal information will be used and disclosed by Register Now to HBF, The Event Team, BlueChip Timing, Marathon Photos and as required with Grassrootz in connection with the management of the Event.
Your Personal Information collected will be securely stored on the Register Now database and will be disclosed to The Event Team (for the purpose of organising and conducting the Event) and, in the event of an emergency, to medical staff (for the purpose of delivering medical services).
The Event will be timed by Blue Chip Timing and times of all participants will be displayed at bluechipresults.com.au. All Event times on the website will be available to the public by entering specific search criteria including participant number, first name or last name. If you do not consent to your photograph being published at bluechipresults.com.au please email HBFRun@hbf.com.au.
The Event will be photographed by Marathon Photos and photographs available to be viewed and ordered from their website marathon-photos.com. Photographs will be displayed on marathon-photos.com by entering specific search criteria including participant number, first name or last name. If you do not consent to your photograph being published at marathon-photos.com please email HBFRun@hbf.com.au.
HBF may use your personal information to conduct market research relevant to HBF’s business and to keep You informed of HBF’s other health and wellbeing initiatives and promotions. If you do not wish to be contacted for some or all of these purposes, you can opt out of marketing during the Event registration process, call HBF on 133 423, or select the option to unsubscribe in any emails or SMS/MMS messages that may be sent to You. Please allow five working days for your request to be actioned.
HBF sometimes uses service providers who either host or store personal information overseas. This means HBF may transfer personal information about You between countries to those service providers. In the event HBF discloses your personal information outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) that relate to transborder data flows.
If You do not wish to provide some or all of the personal information required, You may not be able to be properly registered for the Event or contacted in case of changes to the Event.
You have a right to access your personal information, which is held by HBF, Register Now or The Event Team.
More information about the way each of HBF, Register Now and The Event Team handles personal information is detailed in their privacy policies, which are available at hbf.com.au, registernow.com.au and theeventteam.com.au, or on request by calling an HBF Member Service Advisor on 133 423, Register Now on 1 800 REG NOW or The Event Team office on 08 6333 0330.